As of Raya and the Last Dragon Event Update, players may only have 100 characters out in their Kingdom.
Disney Magic Kingdoms now features over 220 of your favorite Disney Characters. Managing all of them can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming! In response to community feedback, characters will be able to visit home using the power of the Castle! While they are away you will earn some magic, and be able to focus on those characters remaining in your Kingdom.
Send characters to visit home!
- Send characters to visit home by tapping on the "Manage" icon in the "Visiting Home" screen and then selecting the "Send Home" option. You can also send a character home through their activity menu.
- While a character is visiting home, they cannot be sent on activities, drop tokens or be leveled up.
- The "Send Home" button in a Character's Activity List will consistently appear at the bottom of the character's Quest List unless the following conditions are met:
If all of these conditions are met, the "Send Home" button appears at the top of the Quest List.
- When choosing to send Characters to the Kingdom, you are able to automatically filter and select Characters that drop Event Currency or Tokens. If there is no Major Event or Tower Challenge, the Event Currency filter are grayed out.
Only so many characters can be in the Kingdom at once.
- Your Kingdom can hold a lot of Characters, but there is a maximum number.
- The number is called the "Character Kingdom Limit".
- When the limit is reached characters will no longer be able to start activities or quests until you’re under the limit again.
Collect rewards from the castle!
- While characters are visiting home, they will still drop some Magic but no Experience.
- Magic can be collected in front of Cinderella Castle or through Merlin's gathering spell.
- Rewards can be collected every hour, but magic will continue to accumulate until 24 hours. After 24 hours, magic production will stop and the player is required to collect it before magic production continues.
Return characters at any time!
- Have Characters return to the Kingdom by tapping the "Return" icon on eash character cardin the "Visiting Home" screen or by tapping on the "Manage" icon and choosing the "Send to Kingdom" option.
- Using the "Send to Kingdom" screen will allow you to returnmultiple characters at once!
- Beginning with the Lilo & Stitch Event Update on 18th April 2018, the character cards in the Visiting Home page display a "Drops Token" icon when a character who is Visiting Home can drop tokens while in the park. These characters are also sorted to the beginning of the list of character cards. This makes it much easier to return these characters to the park quickly.
- With the Star Wars Event Update on 17th December 2019, the Visiting Home Screen has received a number of improvements to help players better manage their Characters and Kingdom (See more...)
- In addition, the Visiting Home feature is made available to players earlier in the main storyline.
- Beginning with the Nightmare Before Christmas Part 3 Update on 6th October 2020, a maximum amount of characters not at home was implemented. Players may now only have 75 characters out in their Kingdom. If there are more than 75 characters out in the Kingdom, then they can not be sent on any new quests or activities.
- This was updated with the Raya and the Last Dragon Event Update on 9th March 2021 to have 100 characters in the Kingdom.