The Kraken is an attraction released with Pirates of the Caribbean Update on 14th September 2016.
The Kraken is a legendary sea monster of giant proportions that is said to dwell off the seven seas. The legend may have originated from sightings of giant squid that are estimated to grow to 13–15m (40–50ft) in length, including the tentacles.
In the Pirates of the Caribbean films, the The Kraken is controlled by Davy Jones, often to destroy ships that threaten him. In Dead Man's Chest and At World's End, Jack refers to the The Kraken as 'beastie'.
The Kraken appears as a non-playable character within this attraction.
- The Kraken was added to the Red Ribbon Chests (Christmas Chests) since Christmas 2017.
- The purchase cost was discounted several times during the Attraction Sales.
- The purchase cost was discounted to 75 during the Pirates Sale 2016 from 14th September to 20th September 2016.
- The Kraken generated Gold Coins from the 13th to the 21st Striking Gold Mini Event.
- The Kraken generated Gold Trophies from the 22nd to the 58th Striking Gold Mini Event.
- The XP () rewards changed from 26 to 12 with DuckTales, Enchantments Update on 2nd July 2019.
- Although available in-game since Pirates of the Caribbean Update on 14th September 2016, The Kraken is enchantable only since Finding Nemo Event, Thrill Levels Update on 6th August 2019.
- The Magic () rewards changed from 125 to 92 with Finding Nemo Event, Thrill Levels Update on 6th August 2019.