The Tower Challenge Events
The Tower Challenge Events are a new style of event introduced with Bambi, The Tower Challenge Update on 30th May 2018. There are three “chapters” in this style of event lasting 5 days each. Characters from varying collections challenge Maleficent in her tower to earn event currency (), with different character collections used each chapter. Each chapter also features a different past event collection, with one character and one attraction from the collection available for purchase using event currency. This offers new players a way to earn (rather than buy in Legendary Chests) characters from past events.
To entice old players to keep playing, one or two new characters are added to a past collection. If you miss out on this character during The Tower Challenge Events, the new character will eventually be available through Legendary Chests.
During each chapter of the event, there are several character collections that can be used to “challenge the tower”. One character from each collection can be sent on this activity at a time, plus the “featured” character, for a total of 5 characters max challenging the tower at a time. When choosing Characters to Challenge the Tower, the screen show the number of Points and Maleficent Coins that can be earned per Character. When all five slots in the Character Selection screen have been filled, you will receive a boost in rewards that you can obtain from starting the Challenge. This activity lasts 2 hours. Characters earn Maleficent Points and Maleficent Coins () for completing this activity; how many points/coins are earned depends on the levels of the characters you send out. Level 10 characters earn maximum points/coins. It is beneficial to have as many characters as possible at level 10 for this event. The points progress you through the chapter, there are rewards as you earn more points (Maleficent Coins, Decorations, Concession, Enchanted Chests), and to officially complete a chapter of the event, you need to reach the final point goal. The Maleficent Coins are used to purchase the featured character/attraction/tokens for the new character in the event shop. But, there is a bonus for completing all three chapters : Event Shop Bonuses will unlock when you’ve obtained the final Milestone in every Chapter of The Tower Challenge. It will allow you to spend your extra Maleficent Coins () on exclusive items!
After completing the activity to challenge the tower, characters become “tired” and will need to be “refreshed” before being sent out on the activity again. There are two ways to refresh your characters: (1) Refresh Tokens can be earned by certain events quests, one token is used to refresh one character one time. (2) once a day, you can refresh all of your tired characters by using the daily refresh button at the bottom of the challenge screen. This is best used when all of your characters are tired, it resets once a day at 11 am EDT. The “featured” character during each chapter does NOT get tired and will never need to use Refresh Tokens.
Daily, you can watch ads in the event shop to earn a Cobalt Chests, containing a chance at earning some additional Maleficent Coins, Refresh Tokens , or tokens for the characters participating in this chapter of the The Tower Challenge Events.
Each The Tower Challenge Events has had modifications from the last one. It seems very likely that The Tower Challenge Eventss will continue to evolve and test out new features going forward.
- See more: The Tower Challenge Event FAQ
- For a complete timeline of the events in Disney Magic Kingdoms, see the Event Timeline.
All items (16)
- The Tower Challenge (Aladdin) Event 2019
- The Tower Challenge (Beauty and the Beast) Event 2019
- The Tower Challenge (Beauty and the Beast) Event 2021
- The Tower Challenge (Finding Nemo) Event 2021
- The Tower Challenge (Finding Nemo) Event 2022
- The Tower Challenge (Haunted Mansion) Event 2021
- The Tower Challenge (Mulan) Event 2019
- The Tower Challenge (Mulan) Event 2022
- The Tower Challenge (Nightmare Before Christmas) Event 2018
- The Tower Challenge (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs) Event 2019
- The Tower Challenge (The Incredibles) Event 2018
- The Tower Challenge (The Lion King) Event 2019
- The Tower Challenge (Winnie the Pooh) Event 2018
- The Tower Challenge (Winnie the Pooh) Event 2020
- The Tower Challenge (Wreck-It Ralph) Event 2020
- The Tower Challenge (Wreck-It Ralph) Event 2021