There are 3 main types of Characters in Disney Magic Kingdoms: Main Storyline Characters, Premium Characters, and Event/Limited-Time Characters.
- Main Storyline Characters can be unlocked through normal play as you progress through the Main Storyline quests.
- Premium Characters can only be purchased with Gems () or in a bundle with Real Money. There is typically one premium character per permanant Characters Collection and two premium characters per limited-time Characters Collection.
- Event/Limited-Time Characters are available to unlock during their time-limited events, and once their event has ended, they can be found in Legendary Chests that are periodically available for purchase. Select previous event characters are made available to earn or purchase in The Tower Challenge Events.
- One character, Toy Alien, can be welcomed only by purchasing his tokens with Elixirs () in the Tokens Shop.
Characters spanning more than 90 Years of Disney
- Share spectacular moments with beloved characters such as the ever-optimistic Mickey Mouse, the spirited princess Rapunzel, brave space ranger Buzz Lightyear, the sweet and sassy Tinker Bell and more fun characters!
- Play hundreds of whimsical, fun, and animated quests that bring every pixel of your Kingdom to life!
- Collect memorable Disney-themed items to free each character from Maleficent's spell!
- The Characters Collection screen can be accessed by tapping the Characters Icon.
- To Welcome or Level Up characters, collect all the listed requirements and begin the Welcome or Level Up in the Character Book!
- Leveling up characters provides you with rewards. On occasion, leveling up a character will unlock new activities and buildings.
All items (323)